Deltec MC 500 Internal protein skimmer
When starting up in marine fish keeping many people opt for a budget low efficiency skimmer which gets thrown away after 6 months or when they upgrade the size of their systems. You should therefore bear in mind that this skimmer will not only be suitable for the 50 gallon aquarium that you are looking at now but can be reused in their subsequent systems for anything up to 120 gallons. This makes much more financial sense than spending up to 2 thirds of the Deltec price or more on the budget skimmer and then throwing it away when you move up to your next tank.
Tank mounted Installation.
The MC500 fits tidily inside the aquarium against either the back or side wall and normally can be fitted using the bracket supplied, (either clear front face or black back face forwards). As long as the water level does not exceed the maximum shown on the body then the unit will operate.
The MC500 will not fit easily on the new Vision 450 and for this tank we recommend the MCE600 skimmer with the return flowing into the corner filter box.
Sump Mounted Installation
The skimmer can be used in any sump as long as the water depth is greater than 125mm and does not exceed the max level shown on the body. An adjustable weir plate is provided which raises the water level to the correct height for any depth of water.
- Can be used either in a sump or inside an Aquarium.
- Minimum water level when used within a sump is 125mm.
- The skimmer does not require any form of additional feed pump.
- 350-400 litres of air are produced at the venturi
- L 210 W 90 H 530 (allowing for removal of the cup).
- The minimum sump water level is 125mm.
- The body of the unit sits 80mm out of the water plus the height of the collection cup.
- Normal Stocking 650 lts (140 UK gallons)
- Heavy Stocking 450 lts (100 UK gallons)